Monday, October 1, 2012

Bunting DIY


Today I wanted to share this super easy DIY Fabric Bunting I made a few weekends ago. Believe me...if I can make it...it is super easy! :) AND super cute! All you need is some fabric, scissors and rope!
I am a sucker for any sort of bunting or garland so when I came across this pretty idea on Pinterest (below) I knew I had to give it a try. I have been collecting vintage fabric (and some non-vintage) for awhile now and, not knowing how to sew, was never really sure what I was going to do with it. Once I saw this required no sewing I knew it was right up my alley :)

                              Source: intimateweddings.com via Hollie on Pinterest
                                                

Since I am not much of a DIYer, you might want to check out the link above for more complete instructions. But make sure you keep scrolling down to see my finished product!!

This was the beginning of the process. My sisters, mom and I were having a crafty afternoon so that is why the work space is such a mess. The fabric below isn't vintage but it is one of 5 that I added to the bunting. I measured the fabric to be about 22 inches long and then cut slits in the fabric edge about 2 inches apart.

The fun part is then ripping the fabric into 2 inch strips. You just tear at those slits you just made and the fabric tears pretty nice and evenly!

Once you have torn all the fabric you need, start tying it onto the rope at the midpoint of the fabric. Make sure you leave enough space at the end of end of the rope if you will be tying the rope to something.


I decided to tie my bunting to the bed. I have a canopy style bed and love to find different ways to spruce it up (as you can in this previous post).




I just love the results. I keep thinking up other places in the house that would benefit from a little bunting :) And even an upcoming wedding that it would be perfect for.... ;)
  

2 comments:

  1. Your bunting is so cute!! I love the color combination and how you varied the lengths. (Plus, I'm jealous of your crafty afternoon-- it sounds like so much fun :))
    ~Natalie

    ReplyDelete